SalaryCompetitive Salary + Other BenefitsLocationNigeriaIndustryEnergy, Renewables, Oil & GasJob Description
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Industry: Oil & Gas / Construction
Location: Abuja - Nigeria
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
We have been retained by one of our clients who is a wholly owned indigenous Oil and Gas construction company and a leader in her unique industry niche in Nigeria to recruit on her behalf, a seasoned and experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Responsible for ensuring effective and efficient management of the company's financial resources and ensure that all the goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors for the business is achieved.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Operational Managers; administer and review all financial plans and budgets.
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems and Implement operational best practices.
- Ensure that funds and cost centers are set up and maintained to support the unit operations and specific requirements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual management accounting reports.
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
- Develop and implement detailed cost management strategies to monitor and control costs Group-wide.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Review and identify financial needs of the company and arrange for debt and equity financing.
- He/She will be responsible for overseeing tax planning to optimize the company's tax position and ensure tax compliance accordingly.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have the following qualifications/competences amongst others:
- First degree or its equivalent
- Professional accounting/finance certification e.g .ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA
- An MBA or business-related postgraduate degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience, with at least 5 years in a Senior Management role
- Experience in the Oil & Gas and Construction sector would be an added advantage.
- Track record of accomplishments including strategic initiatives and leadership of major change efforts.
- Strong business acumen, maturity, and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions and financers.
- Hands on experience in financial planning and analysis
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organisation