SalaryUSD 15,000+++++LocationQatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Abu DhabiIndustryAgriculture & Animal HealthJob Description
Working under the supervision of the CTO, and coordinating with the team, the Agricultural Field Technology Specialist will be responsible for managing program to improve smallholder farmers access to new agricultural technologies. The Agricultural Technology Specialist shall be responsible for leading agricultural efforts for the project.
The Agricultural Field Technology Specialist responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and oversee the work of the AgriTech Department to identify and promote a wide range of improved technologies for smallholders and specific adaptations that better meet their needs.
- Responsible for supporting the Chief Technology Officer towards the development and design of annual program work plan activities and management and oversight of activities implementation.
- Work closely with the Corporate Development, Farm Operations and Sales Departments to conceptualize, design and successfully implement project intervention to achieve the optimal farm structure in terms of market demand, crop mix, farming system and technologies deployed.
- Oversee market and cost-benefit analyses to identify profitable product lines and related technologies for smallholders.
- Review RFP’s of potential project partners, participate in the selection of finalists, and provide technical contributions to scopes of work, implementation plans, and training and demonstration plans, materials, and presentations.
- Promote thought leadership on improved technologies and adaptations required to meet smallholder needs and increase uptake by integrating findings into papers and articles, participating in industry events, and delivering presentations.
- Shall assist to support broad adoption of agricultural technologies across target populations.
- Shall assist to promote selected technologies for commercial development, scaling and adoption.
- At least 7 years’ private sector application of agricultural technologies or similar experience preferred.
Basic knowledge of computers and software systems allowing data gathering and tracking on soils, crops, water management, pests and to help the grower determine his specific precision needs