SalaryCompetitive Salary + Other BenefitsLocationGhanaIndustryBanking & Financial ServicesJob Description
Job Title: Director Capital Markets
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
To provide leadership and strategic guidance and execution for the capital markets department
Key member of Alco and the Exco
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- CFA or alternative qualification. Jobholder would generally have the level of understanding of Corporate business and financial issues which may arise from completion of an MBA, an accountancy qualification or finance.
- Previous experience in Capital Market environment.
- At least 10 years working in a similar senior management role.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends
- Sound financial counselling skills
- Strong credit risk analysis skills
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally
- Team creation and co-ordination skills to mobilise and manage product specialists
- Leadership skills
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Prepare and agree a Capital Market business plan with the Executive Management that encompasses and supports the Capital Markets units’ vision
- Drive on and off-balance sheet financing strategy across the Capital Market portfolio to maximize returns across various product segments
- Establish strong investor banking and counterparty relationships
- Oversee and grow Capital market sales and distribution channels
- Collaborate with other lenders to generate new ideas and initiatives.
- Model investments to optimize returns and flexibility to determine appropriate financing terms and covenants.
- Manage the relationships with the Bank’s funding and deal partners.
- Review the structuring of capital market transactions including investment banks, investors, rating agencies, lawyers and auditors.
- Prepare board and Executive level presentations to guide business strategy decision and reporting.
- Solicit mandates for the Bank.
- Structure, analyse and execute on securitizations, loan sales and other funding outlets to facilitate the Bank’s rapid growth.
- Collaborate internally with product, finance, credit and operations teams to provide a capital markets perspective into the Bank and business strategy processes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Coordinate effectively with legal, tax, and regulatory parties.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility to understand the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Bank’s policies and procedures and the Bank’s code of Conduct.
Risk Management & Processes:
- Evaluate risk and negotiate transactions, including pricing, structuring and managing of private funding vehicles, on and off-balance sheet funding sources & solution.
- Lead continuous improvement in capital reporting processes and infrastructure to minimize operational risk and improve efficiency.
- Ensure robust process controls are in place in line with the operational risk framework.
- Manage the processes and technology infrastructure in place to support the capital market’s function.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matter.
- Provides input and general guidance to the team for presentations and updates to management and outside collaborators where applicable.
- Staff Management and Development.
- Define the targets and responsibilities of the department
- Maintain and foster a focussed, top class work culture of all employees within department.
- Ensure that staff pursues goals and training to maximise their potential.
- Identify and develop successor(s) planning at all levels in the management hierarchy and include cross training as part of a defined staff development plan.
- Building a strong Capital management team to support the Bank
- Drive the learning agenda devised by the Bank and promote a culture of learning and self-development.
- Drive a high performing team.