SalaryLocationMilanIndustryHospitality, Leisure & TourismJob Description
For a luxury hotel in Milan, we are looking for a
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the planning, direction, control, and coordination of all communication activities, with an emphasis on public relations. Promotes and maintains good communications in order to enhance the prestigious image of the hotel and by doing so contributes to the revenues of the hotel.
- Develops an annual marketing plan with specific goals and budgets. Prepares working plans to achieve goals and ensures the marketing team is fully briefed on goals and progress.
- Works with advertising agencies in the planning of all mailing activities, advertising campaigns' creative and media plans and oversees their execution.
- Supervises and directs photography for advertising, collateral and public relations purposes
- Supervises operations of the in-house art department.
- Monitors activities of competitor hotels and trends within the industry.
- Applies a strategic vision in promoting the hotels using both the company distribution channels and third parties’ channels
- Manages communications with the company PR Hub and international PR agencies and verifies the correct implementation of the strategy
- Acts as official spokesperson for the hotel when appropriate and responds to all media requests within 24 hours.
- Compiles and maintains a comprehensive list of media contacts and manages them as per the media account management system.
- Prepares press releases for appropriate targeted media, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Works closely with the corporate and international press offices on developing story angles.
- Secures opportunities, directs and attends hotel sponsored events, and develops targeted partner relationships.
- Creates and organizes press promotional activities.
- Participates in the press events/trips organized by the regional PR offices as required.
- Conducts press blitzes when appropriate.
- Maintains budget control.
- Background in luxury goods companies
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in marketing or related professional area.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hospitality Management or related major.
- Fluency in English and Italian languages