Back to Jobs
F&B Operations Manager
SalaryLocationItaly, EuropeIndustryHospitality, Leisure & TourismJob Description
For a luxury resort in Umbria we are looking for a
F&B OPERATIONS MANAGER
- To ensure that all employees provide exceptional guest service at all times
- To spend time in public areas observing employee-guest interaction and talking with guests, coaching employees in guest service skills in order to ensure the satisfaction of resort guests.
- To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- To oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Food and Beverage employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
- To ensure that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- To conduct regular divisional communications meetings and ensure that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
- To maximize the effectiveness of all employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- To oversee and assist in the recruitment and selection of all Food and Beverage employees.
- To coordinate the preparation of the Annual Business Plan for Food and Beverage and analyse business performance to facilitate accurate and meaningful forecasting, involving the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
- To assist in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets.
- To actively participate in revenue management meetings, overseeing the appropriate pricing structures to maximise yield and overall profits in Outlets and Banquets.
- To constantly evaluate local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations to make sure that the hotel’s own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
- To encourage Heads of Department to look for Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
- Previous experience as Outlet Manager/Assistant F&B Manager/F&B Manager for luxury hotels or fine dining/Michelin starred restaurants
- Professional experience abroad is mandatory
- Excellent knowledge of Italian cuisine, food and wines
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office