This expanding Australian outdoor brand is seeking a (Senior) Financial Controller for their European region, to be based in Bielefeld, Germany. This individual will play a pivotal role in establishing their financial presence in Europe, taking charge of their regional finances and ensuring alignment with their global financial strategies. Future Growth: This is a newly established position that offers a unique opportunity to shape the financial landscape of the brand in Europe. Currently, there is no finance team in Europe, as operations are limited due to an existing distributor model in EMEA, and the direct markets are outsourced to an external accountant in Germany. As our presence in Europe grows however, the Finance Controller will have the opportunity to build and manage a regional finance team, with staggered hiring for additional roles.
To establish the European Finance team in Bielefeld, Germany, we are looking for a:
Financial Controller (m/f/x)
With the perspective to Teamlead European Finance
- Financial Leadership: Spearhead the establishment of the European finance team, and in the future, manage regional financial roles.
- Financial Reporting throughout Europe: Ensure timely, accurate, and comprehensive financial reporting for the Europe region in accordance with both local regulations and International Financial Reporting Standards. Communicate these reports to the Group Financial Controller in Australia:
- Internal controls: Creating and monitoring company policies and internal controls, especially spending controls, to safeguard company assets and reduce fraud.
- Processes: Creating, aligning (group) and documenting finance processes across the sales and procurement cycles.
- Policies: Creating, aligning (group) and documenting finance policies.
- Strategic Financial Planning: Develop and implement financial strategies to support business growth in the Europe region, ensuring alignment with global financial objectives.
- Cash Flow Management: Monitoring and balancing cash flows into and out of a business to meet obligations and optimise investment.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with the budgeting and forecasting processes for the Europe region, ensuring cost controls and profit optimization.
- Manage External Relationships: Act as the main point of contact for third-party financial vendors or consultants in the region:
- Engage with external accountant to prepare company tax and VAT returns and the booking of associated journals.
- Engage with external accountant to support payroll processing and the booking of associated journals.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that all financial activities comply with local, national, and international regulations and standards. Coordinating with external financial, compliance and tax auditors.
- Team Leadership: In time, provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to the expanding finance team in Europe, including the Accounting/Finance Manager based in Norway.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. An MBA or equivalent is a plus.
- Proven experience in a similar financial leadership role, the outdoor or retail industry advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of financial regulations and standards within the European Union. IFRS proficiency is an advantage due to group reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in accounting software and financial forecasting tools. Netsuite proficiency is an advantage due to a pending system implementation.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English. German language proficiency is an advantage.
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across different time zones.
- Competitive salary
- Health and wellness benefits
- Opportunity to work with a global brand and make a significant impact in the European region
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Hybrid working model
Please send your CV and application documents to Mr. Roger Castellón, at [email protected]
For further questions, please contact Mr Castellón on +49 162 353 0662
Check Your Resume for Match
Upload your resume and our tool will compare it to the requirements for this job like recruiters do.Check for Match