Salary7Lacs to 18 LacsLocationAsia, IndiaIndustryTechnologyJob Description
The Marketplace Squad designs, builds and maintains applications and services for
True Marketplace (E-commerce), which is the Consumer facing application for serving personalized
recommendations and discovery to end users. To do this, we use NodeJS, Angular 10, Scala, PostgreSQL,
and the world’s largest fashion retail data set, including billions of transactions, user registration data, product
catalogue information, images and text.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of
programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will
produce visual elements of the application optimised for performance, scalability and easy maintenance. You
will bridge the gap between problems, graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active
triangular role and defining how the application looks as well as how it works, by keeping sound communication
and coordination with Product, Backend developers and UX designers.
• Develop Software: Design, implement, test, and support high-quality software, used
by millions of consumers every day, in an agile, iterative development culture.
• Build Web Services: Implement, test, troubleshoot and support Secure, Scalable and
Fault Tolerant Production Ready microservices.
• Connect the dots: Understand the requirements, design robust and complete
solutions, and deliver the product best suited to the user experience.
• Bring Visuals to Reality: Turn requirements and UI/UX designs into web features,
creating excellent interactions from designs, writing reusable content modules.
• Focus on Performance: Make that software hit our Service-Level Agreements, be
agile in development and always have performance and scalability in mind
• Learn: Contribute to team success by learning new technologies and algorithms, often
while designing and building the software.
• Collaborate: Work closely with other team members to invent, prioritize, build, and
support our applications. Participate in design reviews, code reviews and provide
5-6 years as a professional software engineer with hands-on experience in web front-end
design and development in enterprise applications
• Experience with Modern Frontend Frameworks & Technologies
- Especially Angular
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Hands-on with libraries like jQuery, Backbone.js, Lodash, Bootstrap etc.
- Experience with building Progressive web applications.
- Experience with UI Build tools like Webpack, npm, Gulp, Bower etc.
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks like Jasmine, MochaJS or Jest
- Knowledge of cross browser compatibility, browser rendering behaviour and performance.
- Knowledge of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, AJAX, REST APIs and web
• Experience with Modern Web Libraries, especially REST API integration and other enterprise
solutions like Google Analytics.
- Understanding of information security principles and best practices.
- Good understanding of frontend security Vulnerabilities like Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site
Request Forgery, Content Security Policies, etc..
• Understanding of tools:
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Github
- Good to have an understanding of containerization and deployment tools like Docker and jenkins.
- Familiarity with object oriented practices and concepts
- Ability to write modular, reusable libraries which can be used across multiple functions
- Ability to design applications with robust and scalable front end architecture
• Collaboration skills:
- Ability to translate functional requirements into UX/technical specifications to build robust,
scalable, supportable solutions
- Work together with members of various internal teams, including listening and communicating.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, Agile, release often environment
- Understanding of the SDLC processes and facilitate the working of the team
- Should have work experience and/or knowledge of backend technologies
• Execution skills: Gets things done both independently and collaboratively, and understands when
each is appropriate.
• Passion: Has an interest in our business domain (Fashion), solution space (Fashion Technology),
or technology stack.
• Undergraduate or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent.