Salaryupto 80 LPALocationMumbaiIndustryFMCG, Retail & E-CommerceJob Description
- Co-ordinate with Sales Head / NSM/ Regional Sales Managers in planning and development of channel targets and plans, including sales forecasting and promotion activity in potential markets.
- Act as liaison with various functions to ensure interdependent coordination and to sustain effective support for strategic plans/direction and key marketing program, Collecting and updating information sources/database.
- Lead and mentor a high-performing, collaborative marketing as well as design & creative teams, deliver on the positivity and can-do attitude you bring. Delegate and empower the teams, avoiding bottlenecks and maximizing the value you can extract from each team member
- To monitor product issues and customer/market feedback.
- To develop and effectively manage product PNL.
- To monitor product inventory level at the manufacturing points
- To conduct market visits on a regular basis
New product development in conjunction with NPD Manager:
- To collect information on market trend and competition on an ongoing basis and turn this info into insights that drive the development of key new products and categories that can growth the India business taking advantage of the market opportunities.
- To identify the new product roadmap, including key new product opportunities and their market assessment & business case development
- To lead the marketers to clearly identify NP’s value proposition and key points of difference vs the competitors.
- To provide leadership, coaching and support for the India Speed to Market (STM) process, including the proper initiation of new product projects, cross functional alignment on the new product introduction timeframe and launch program.
- To oversee the implementation of promotional program and ad hoc activities and digital demand creation activities supporting the marketing plans
- To oversee the development of develop impactful POPs, and other advertising materials
Marketing plan development:-
- To help develop and implement marketing plan
- Develop KPI's and marketing reports for the executive team based on annual marketing objectives that demonstrate contribution to new and add-on revenue goals.
Collecting and updating information sources:
- Ensure formation of an internal repository of relevant product and market data through market survey and feedback from distributor/market research/professional associations/trade publications/official economic data/trade shows/competitors.
- Measure market share, market perception
- Work with sales/technical team to maintain and improve market share via marketing programs/tools.
- Working with the management on setting up a B2B/B2C marketplace/aggregator portal from scratch; design of website; building the business model, budget, etc. from scratch; monitoring the portal platform development; project management role for project implementation.
- Also look at initiating and enhancing product availability on relevant existing online platforms
- Lead our social media strategy and expand social media presence by identifying new channels and opportunities.
Direction of Others:
- NPD Process Manager/Brand Managers
- Assistant Product managers
- Trade Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager (Asst.)
- Marketing Executives
- Produces Quality Products, Services & Solutions – Demonstrates commitment to customer; gathers Information and applies customer knowledge.
- Delivers Customer Satisfaction
- Develops ideas/solutions; maintains customer trust; manages customer expectations and follows-up.
- Resolve Customer Service Issues – Acknowledges the person; clarifies the current situation; meets or exceeds needs; confirms satisfaction and takes the “heat”. Customer obsessed – has a strong sense of our customers’ needs and pain points and creates new and innovative solutions to increase our value to/relationship with them
- Practices Continuous Improvement - Assesses opportunities; determines causes; targets improvement ideas.
- Seeks to Innovate – Leverages diverse resources; acknowledges and evaluates multiple solutions.
- Challenge the Status Quo – Challenges the status quo; thinks broadly and persists in effort
- Take Initiative – Responds quickly; takes independent action; goes above and beyond and approaches change or newness positively.
- Achieve Results – Sets standards for excellence; takes responsibility; encourages others to take responsibility; remains positive and commits to action.
- Prioritize Effectively – Prioritizes, leverages resources; schedules and stays focused
- Lives by Code of Ethics – Displays integrity and openness; demonstrates honesty; keeps commitments and follows policies and procedures.
- Maintains a Safe, Harassment-Free Environment – Identifies safety issues and problems; takes corrective action and takes actions that respect the value of others.
- Establishes and Maintains Trust – Acts consistently; shares point of view; remains open to ideas and supports others
- Acts as a Team Player – Contributes to goal accomplishment; invites feedback; involves others; informs others on team and models commitment.
Collaborates with Others
- CoC Demonstrates inclusive behavior; seeks opportunities; ensures that information needs are met; shares knowledge and remains open to all sides.
- Communicates Effectively – Organizes the communication; ensures understanding; comprehends communication from others and actively listens
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES – EMERGING LEADER
- Identifies, hires and Retains Valued Associates – Makes effective selection decision; acknowledges contributions; supports disclosure; acts consistently; demonstrates advocacy and displays integrity and openness.
- Builds Effective Working Relationships – Seeks opportunities; develops direction and structure; clearly states how success will be measured; facilitates goal accomplishment; involves and informs others; develops own and others’ ideas; monitors and evaluates results and models commitment.
- Coaches for Performance – Clarifies the current situation; provides feedback and reinforcement; shares appropriate responsibilities; defines parameters; provides support without removing associate’s responsibility; stays informed and promotes accountability.
- Facilitates Change – Models the vision; encourages boundary breaking; values sound approaches; addresses change resistance and challenges status quo.
- Inspires Others – Inspires effort; builds confidence in success; shows willingness to act and supports the organization
- Know the Business – Performs financial analysis; integrates and understands the application of financial strategies and systems.
- Execute Flawlessly – Prioritizes; develops contingency plans; determines tasks and resources; deploys resources; leverages resources; schedules; demonstrates long-term thinking and stays focused
Experience & Education
- MBA with minimum of 18-20 years Marketing experience to include:
- Marketing Strategy, Marketing Panning, Trade Marketing, Product Development, Marketing Research and Digital Marketing.
- Experience in FMCG industry, food companies (Experience in B2B an advantage)
- Knowledge of the India marketing environment and trends, practices, traditions, philosophies, policies, competitiveness, key players and product knowledge (ND, Bakery, Ready to Eat)
- Track record of successfully introducing new products
- Experience on creating and enhancing the Online/Digital footprint.
- Sales/business development experience
- Lead, manage and develop direct reports and create an inspiring environment that results in improved productivity, team collaboration, creativity, and results. Strong initiative to turn directions into actionable plans and projects.
- Ability to set priorities, goals and manage results through others.
- Ability to work with multi-assignments and strength to carry projects from initiation to completion.
- Ability to lead through influence and commitment to a collaborative leadership approach
- Highly adaptive, creative and resourceful