Salary7 MINR - 10 MINRLocationIndia, ChennaiIndustryEngineering & AutomotiveJob Description
- Be proactive in scaling purchase and risk mitigations for ensuring availability of critical components during proto to production phase
- Able to manage and execute global supply Chain, and develop global partners for the company.
- Has the ability to develop Electric Vehicle components with global partners across the globe.
- Able to source from partners in India, other global geographies and is able to negotiate cost, tooling with global partners.
- To plays a key strategic sourcing partner role in component and new product development for Electric Vehicle during, Research, development, compliance and design stages to Manufacturing inorder to shorten time to market and reduce procurement at optimal cost.
- Key involvement in product development by contributing to the development of the actual product by communicating criteria, norms and possibilities regarding the development of new products by suppliers.
- Planning and determining specific Develop-or-Buy solutions. Providing information on new products and technologies being developed or already available in the global supplier markets in the Electric vehicle industry.
- Is able to Develop vendors for Electric Vehicle aggregates in addition to Bus & LCV platform components.
- Is effectively able to interface with Engineering, Quality and Logistics group and meet program timings and cost objectives.
- Lead initial capability assessment of potential Global suppliers- Identify, evaluate, select, audit and build cooperative relationships with Global perspective.
- To develop an integrated set of activities that constitute global purchasing involvement in product development, which can help firms to implement, improve and to audit the involvement of purchasing in product development.
- Develops an overall global vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
- Lead a team to Manage the inspection of incoming parts to ensure they comply with drawings/specs with global benchmarks.
- Implementing global best practices in regard to technology, inventory and demand management, and compliance management across the group. Responsible for Logistics, License, Excise, Customs, SEZ, EOU and regulatory compliance.
- Lead the transformation of the global Supply Chain operation in line with or ahead of the demands of
- Limited Infrastructure / Product availability, dependence on select few suppliers, aligning infrastructure with Retail growth.
- Enabling expertise / core competencies among team members
- Change management
- Conflict Management
- Managing support for multiple entities across different geographies with the available resources
Distribution Plan basis Retail Forecast
Alignment and proper planning.
Realign production plan basis anticipated Constraints
Reach of suppliers-Primary and Secondary.
Infrastructure planning and budgeting
Strong footholds areas to be focal point for Retail Growth
MD, Business Heads
The external digital community: to advance the enterprise's digital capabilities.
Business Users, Manufacturing, Pricing Team, Finance, Sales
Suppliers & partners, Government bodies, Distributors, Body builders.
Skills & Knowledge:
Degree in Purchasing/Production/Operations Management/Engineering, preferably with Management background and domain knowledge of Automotive/Manufacturing. Working experience in SAP or equivalent ERP solutions and Digital platforms.