SalaryCompetitive Salary + Other BenefitsLocationAfricaIndustryBanking & Financial ServicesJob Description
Job Title: Head of Corporate Banking
Reports to: CEO
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
To Manage the Bank’s loan portfolio of Corporate, SME and Mortgage segments and enhancing the business through deepening existing relationships and new customer acquisition. The Head of Corporate Banking would own the targets on the interest and fee-based income for the Bank. The Job includes enhancing the portfolio as per the Banks Strategy in the identified target segments through effective account relationship management, customer satisfaction, retention and enhancement of the wallet share through cross selling of various products and services. The candidate should have the strategic vision and technical skills necessary to comprehend the clients various banking requirements.
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of the strategy for enhancing the business through acquisition of new Customers in the Corporate, SME and Mortgage segments.
- Manage existing Customer relationships as well as develop new relationships within the risk appetite and framework of the banks internal policies and guidelines.
- Support and facilitate business development and management including development of pricing strategies, product development and delivery of various innovative solutions.
- Understand client needs and provide solutions in conformity to the Banks credit policies and prudential guidelines of the Bank of Tanzania.
- Monitor the account performance and maintenance of Quality of the portfolio.
- Provide leadership to the Relationship Managers, coach and support the teams in delivering the various products and services to customers. Manage employee performance and competence development to ensure delivery as per business plan
- Work in partnership with cross functional teams, senior managers in credit department, trade finance, Operations to ensure that the credit needs of the Customers are attended.
- Responsible for delivering service to the Customers as per the TATs and commitments.
- Recommend proposals to Management credit committee and Board Credit Committee
- Build Corporate Image through interactions, participations in meetings, events etc.
Education & Experience
- Minimum Bachelors and preferably Masters in Business Administration (finance, banking)
- Minimum 8 years of banking experience of which 4 years should be in a senior management role managing large portfolios and relationship management teams.
- Good understating and analytical ability to comprehend financial statements
- Proven leadership and People Management skills.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge in computer Microsoft applications
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge on banking regulatory framework
- Knowledge on market/macro-economic trends
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Business Intelligence
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounts or any other business-related field
Working Experience Required
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience at management level