Back to Jobs
Head Purchase ( Steel & Coil) - Automotive-Pune
Salary20-22 lacs/annumLocationPuneIndustryEngineering, Automotive & ConstructionJob Description
- Responsible of purchasing all kind of materials of Raw Material, Production, Quality, Maintenance, Tooling, EHS, Projects and Admin department
- Responsible for existing & new vendor development, negotiation for price, payment terms fixing as per company policy and delivery of the materials to plant for concern departments
- Will be reported by Purchase Engineers & SQA Engineers (who will also report to QA Head for update on quality parameters)
- Arranging materials within scheduled time to get the best benefits to the company and ensuring delivery within schedule time.
- Ensure that Team submits invoices in time to account department for making payment. Work with Finance & Accounts for Vendor Payments & payment plan
- Coordinate with account department for realizing of payment for all purchases
- Continuous involvement in the Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery, logistics and technology
- Work with Engineering & Purchase Team on New Product Development (NPD) to ensure the integrity and clarity of engineering drawing requirements and that all expectations are communicated effectively to supporting suppliers.
- Interact with Engineering & Purchase Team to ensure suppliers are involved in development and review of specifications to promote design for manufacturability.
- Use project management skills and tools to investigate alternate component technologies for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability and implement changes.
- Conduct supplier system and process audits in compliance with Organization ‘supplier performance and monitoring goals and objectives.
- Handle incoming Inspection till Reorganization takes place. Maintain inventory as per the company policy and requirement of production by keeping watch on coverage report and day-to-day interaction with persons of concern department including Subcontract Vendor Inventory Reconciliation in alignment with ERP (SAP) & Stores
- Arrange all materials, local as well as import to plants which need to be cleared from courier, transport or air cargo complex
- Support the Audits in the company for Financial / Statutory, QMS, EMS, Safety. Carryout the improvements suggested in the audits or otherwise; for improving company performance proactively as per norms
- Give high regards for Ethics & Business Code Of Conduct by practicing it
- Developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking, Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers, Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Keep a constant check on stock levels; liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers;
- Negotiate and agree on with contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided; process payments and invoices;