- LocationHertfordshire, Europe
Payroll responsibilities will include looking after a variety of clients, with duties such as:
* Processing client payrolls for various sized clients across various industries and sectors on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
* Promptly and professionally responding to client inquiries and requests.
* Monthly electronic data submission to HMRC in accordance with RTI procedures.
* Communicating with clients about HMRC payments that must be made.
* Liaison with third parties on behalf of clients, such as HMRC and pension providers.
* Ongoing compliance, such as P45s and new employee checklists, etc.
* End-of-year compliance, including P60s, completed.
* Communicating with clients and handling ad hoc inquiries via phone and email
* Auto-enrolment pension administration.
* SMP & SSP - understanding of statutory payments & salary
* Calculation and payment of holiday pay and redundancy.
* Eligibility for Employment Allowance and Apprenticeship Levy.
* Evidence of dealing with clients and employees in a professional manner
* Problem-solving and resolution-seeking abilities
* Previous experience accepting responsibility
* Effective use of initiative
* Excellent communication skills, regardless of the audience - clients, staff, partners, or team members
* IRIS/STAR payroll
* Central CCH
* 2 years of experience in a comparable role.
* Experience and working knowledge of payroll software, with STAR/IRIS experience preferred.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Understanding of Microsoft Outlook.
* A thorough understanding of how to manually calculate tax and NI, as well as the impact of various tax codes on this.
* A thorough understanding of statutory payments and how they are processed the payroll.
* Understanding of Auto Enrolment and employer obligations, including salary sacrifice arrangements
* Previous experience establishing new PAYE schemes with HMRC
Specific abilities/skills are required.
* Organised and able to meet strict deadlines
* Methodical and logical approach
* Excellent communication abilities
* Computer Proficiency
* Work on your own initiative
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Check Your Resume for Match
Upload your resume and our tool will compare it to the requirements for this job like recruiters do.Check for Match