Back to Jobs
Salary22 LPALocationChennaiIndustryTechnologyJob Description
Product Roadmap Definition:
- Create, Manages distribution and incorporate change requests of product roadmap
- Expertise in defining product characteristics such as usability, security towards high quality product definition
- Take Ownership: Own and build modules for sustained differentiation and growth. Develop deep domain expertise and understand trends in the market. The role requires you to plan, build, release, and measure success for an end to end modules besides also being a leader for the team.
New Product Incubation:
- Assist the senior leadership in generating, screening, and prioritizing new ideas, including
- identifying new ideas
- viability and risk assessment
- development of strategic roadmaps and high level product blueprints
- Manage communications across the enterprise to ensure internal visibility to new product concepts and progress
- Conduct research and market analysis and understand the capabilities and functionalities necessary to ensure the Company's solutions remain relevant, comprehensive and innovative in terms of competitive advantages offered
- Be a Customer Champion: Develop a sense of empathy with our customer base to build an understanding of various problems. The role is also a bridge between the customer and the engineering teams to ensure focus on solving customer needs & delivering continuous value.
- Practice Craftsmanship: Learn and Practice product craft. Create solutions with delightful user experiences and find the balance between solving the customer problem and shipping the right product solution. We take pride in releasing the smallest of features while iterating and shipping regularly.
Product Roadmap Management
- Own the software development roadmap, ensure alignment with overall business strategy, drive the software development life cycle, and enable the successful market adoption of new software releases
- Act with Urgency: Breakdown complex problems to phases to help the team make incremental progress while still keeping the bigger picture intact. You’d evangelize the vision and ensure maximum customer value is achieved with the appropriate amount of work.
- Once a client is engaged, work closely with the project manager to gather and prioritize user needs, translate needs to requirements, articulate key development milestones to senior management, and guide these requirements from concept to commercialization
- Identify synergies with other products
- Track and report product key performance indicators during early introduction/pilot phase and on an ongoing basis once product is mature
- Play as One Team: The role needs you to communicate clearly to various stakeholders of Product development, Engineering, Marketing, Sales & Leadership teams and work together to bring your vision to life.
- Drive a high level of employee engagement by effectively communicating company strategy and product vision
- Evangelize a product management culture within the organization, including establishment of product development gating processes, best practices, and policies
- Mentor and coach the team members and drive internal convergence where necessitated through consultative leadership
- Strong initiative, high energy and Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communications skills and comfortable presenting to high level audiences both internally and externally
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Clear ability to effectively influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
10+ years of working in global/cross-functional software teams in a software product company. SaaS experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of core product management experience in building features for browser based software products.
- Being empathetic and having a strong listening ability to understand the other person - may it be a customer or a stakeholder.
- Ability to arrive at Intuitive & simplistic solutions. You need to have a strong sense of UI and usability.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts/customer problems in a simple way to internal & external stakeholders.
- A track record of making day-to-day data-driven decisions in a fast-evolving environment while keeping an eye on the overall vision.
- Having worked in a mode of structured experimentation - measuring and iterating on problems from time to time to achieve product goals.
- Experience with Publishing Technology Services is an added advantage