SalaryLocationBangaloreIndustryQuality AssuranceJob Description
What is the role?
This position will play a primary role in planning, implementing, leading, and executing all aspects of Quality and Testing. The role requires hands-on QA expertise, ability to take initiative and develop and evolve our QA processes. The right candidate will be able to analyze the systems to determine what to test, the priority of those tests and the best way to test. You should understand the requirements and design test procedures and test cases for automated software testing.
• Establish and evolve formal QA/testing practices, test processes, methodology, standards, and hygiene for agile development efforts.
• Lead and mentor QA team members.
• Lead the QA strategy, test design /plan, test automation, and drive test execution for a key strategic service delivery transformation initiative.
• Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
• Develop the strategy and enablement of User Acceptance Testing, partnering effectively with the business to ensure goal achievement.
• Respond to all requests from team members in a timely and professional manner.
• Design automated test scripts that are reusable.
• Ensure that all automated testing related activities are carried out as per the standards defined by the company.
• Negotiate, plan, and manage all release activities.
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
What are we looking for?
• 7+ years of experience in the software quality field including prior hands-on quality engineering experience.
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to support various development methodologies.
• Familiarity with the entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Performance and Volume, User Acceptance).
• Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment.
• Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes.
• Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases.
• Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive, and able to prioritize a large number of tasks.
• Self-motivated, works well independently and with others.
• Whom will you work with?
• You will work with a top-notch tech team and report to the engineering head.