SalaryExcellent package and relocation supportLocationBudapestIndustryTechnologyJob Description
Our Client global team consists of researchers, portfolio managers and technologists. The team in Budapest is a result of their recent expansion.
They seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
Technologists in this Company do research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Work environment is relaxed yet intellectually intense. Their teams are agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback.
We seek people who think in code, aspire to solve undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people. In fact, of the 600 employees globally, approximately 500 of them code on a daily basis.
Our Client’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our common goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it.
The Role: Research is at the core of our Client business .
Through rigorous exploration and unconstrained thinking about how to apply data to the financial markets, our researchers are in constant search of complex innovation. We strive to understand data in ways our competitors don’t believe is possible. Researchers here would employ tested processes seeking to identify high-quality predictive signals that we believe are undiscovered by the wider market. These signals are mathematical expressions of data that are used as inputs in our quantitative models.
Our Client is seeking an exceptional individual to join the firm as a Quantitative Researcher. The person must have a strong understanding of the investment research process to create computer-based models that seek to predict movements of global financial markets. While prior finance experience is not required, a successful candidate must possess a strong interest in learning about finance and global markets. Candidates will have a research scientist mind-set; be a self-starter, a creative and persevering deep thinker who is motivated by unsolved challenges.
Its Impact: As we pursue our goal of creating new Alphas, we need researchers who will lead us there. Co’s unique investment platform is a leader amongst its peers and the methodology we employ is cutting edge. We desire people who will help us in our relentless pursuit to succeed.
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree from a leading university (Ph.D. or M.Sc. preferred, but B.Sc. graduates with honors acceptable) in a highly analytical quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Financial Engineering or related
- Ranked as top 10% in class for bachelor's degree
- Previous experience as a quant in a research focused capacity is a plus
- Be competent in a programming language (Python, C++ or similar)
- Have a strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets
- Possess good English language skills, ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms
- Mature, thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Exhibit a strong work ethic
What we offer:
- Competitive financial compensation, based on performance and position
- Friendly and collegial working environment
- Opportunity for promotion to Vice President in 2 to 4 years
- Opportunity to learn from investment experts
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive employee benefits
- A culture of continuous learning
If you are not living in Hungary then you will need to relocate to Budapest. The Co is providing excellent support to the hired Candidates.