Back to Jobs
Sales Leader - Industrial Automation, US
SalaryCompetitiveLocationNorth AmericaIndustryTechnologyJob Description
- Leverage deep domain and technology solutions expertise in plant and field automation applications (especially in Industry 4.0 / IIOT) to identify and position ROI-driven roadmap of use cases to help the company’s clients in varied domains – like Oil & Gas, Utilities, Healthcare, Pharma & Life Sciences, Hi Tech, Heavy Engineering, CPG, Retail and others.
- Grow the company’s Smart Applications / Digital solutions stack, leveraging latest technologies on top of shopfloor applications like PLM, SCADA, LIMS, MES, etc.
- Consult with clients to map their current landscape and advise on specific actionable Industry 4.0 and other emerging technology solutions to enhance their business outcomes, with a business case driven road-map approach
- Work with vertical sales team to grow revenues from practice initiatives and GTM
- Own business development with consistent addition of new clients and expanding footprint with existing clients by deep understanding of their business needs and creating innovative proposals
- Bring in key strategic alliance partners in a win-win relationship, to drive demonstrable differentiated business outcomes for clients
- Title / Designation: Solutions and Sales Director – Industrial Automation Applications
- Reporting to: VP & Global Delivery Head – IOT
- Locations: NJ / NY
- About 12 – 15 years’ relevant solutions and sales experience
- Ability to strike deep business technology conversations in these areas, as a go-to solutions expert
- Practice development with GTM, driven by in-depth understanding of current and emerging trends in Industrial Applications for Connected Operations and Smart Products and their relevance to Business and IT customers.
- Consultative Selling – Proactive and responsive: Demonstrated deep domain expertise and applications acumen with the ability to individually drive paid multi-week consulting / due diligence assignments with clients and prospects, delivering to them, a definitive road-map with potential to generate software and services sales for the company
- Track record of winning large annuity deals for factory IT application development & maintenance, multi-year, multi-plant (and possibly, multi-country) transformation solutions roll-out programs. Indicatively, a current annual revenue run rate of $ 15-20 million, on the software and services component of Industry 4.0 / IIoT.
- Sales / Revenue growth, with proven track record of meeting goals (and, often, exceeding them)
- Demonstrable experience in creating and sustaining a rich ecosystem comprising clients, vendors, alliances and internal stakeholders
- Nice to have:
- Strong network of prospects in the relevant domains
- AWS & Azure IOT architect skills
- Working knowledge of Edge Gateways, Industrial Communication Protocols and Computer Vision applications
- Fundamental knowledge of BI / Analytics / AI – ML use cases for the relevant domains
- Consistent solutions and sales record on the Devices / Sensors, Networks, Professional Services components of Industry 4.0 will be a huge plus but will not be reckoned as sales record in the context of this role.