We are seeking a front-end web developer to join the Front Office team here. This team is responsible for building both the large-scale quantitative-research platforms that drive the client's operations and for building the execution systems that execute the client's trading in global financial markets. As a member of Front Office team, you will work closely with other talented software engineers and take part in the UI/UX portion of these applications. You will also be responsible for the full web development life cycle from analyzing requirements, architecture design, database design, coding backend integration and frontend frameworks, testing, deploying, and maintaining applications.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of hands-on industry experience developing scalable and robust software applications in web environments including exposure to frontend stacks.
- Advanced experience with client-side frameworks or libraries that interact with server-side APIs such as jQuery, ReactJS, AngularJS, Vuejs, TypeScript, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools or libraries such as Highcharts, D3, Flot, etc.
- Advanced experience in building real-time interactive UI applications based on WebSockets
- Good understanding about at least one web server framework.
- Experience with C++ is a plus, but not required
- Familiar with Unix/Linux environment.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking.
- Ability to design features based on high-level requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent job experience.