Salary3400000LocationPunjab, IndiaIndustryFinanceJob Description
• 10 to 12 years of work experience in a similar role with at least last 5 years of SOX experience as a lead or above.
• Minimum Education Qualification – CPA or CA
• Responsible to support and facilitate the Global SOX Compliance Program and other related initiatives from BBS
• Work with Global SOX PMO and business process/ control owners for standardization of key controls and related testing process as part of implementation of the global audit centralization project. This will entail evaluating SOX controls and aligning them under a common control approach to facilitate centralized testing and improve audit efficiencies (including developing common instructions for control performance within OneStream Task Manager, period-end close tasks management tool).
• Build on the common controls approach to determine a Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM) strategy that will elevate control environment through continuous control and transitions monitoring/testing. Coordinate with key stakeholder at the global, regional and BBS levels to design and implement such programs.
• Support effective change management and oversight of control environment - aligning controls to address organization, process and system changes
• Coordination with Regional SOX coordinators on the Global SOX program, transition of controls and selective control testing, as required
• Responsible for quality and timeliness of deliverables, including conclusions on control effectiveness and impact of control deficiencies.
• Facilitate adoption and use in continuous testing/centralization of system tools like RCM/TM, including for Statutory Auditors
• Act as key contact person for all internal and external groups (Global/Regional teams, process/control owners and external auditors/advisors) on matters related to SOX and internal controls.
• Support establishment of the BBS SOX COE team to transition testing in-house from external service providers. Facilitate development of knowledge capital by sharing information and person-to-person communication, others as applicable
• Work with BBS Center Lead/Tower Leads & identify opportunities for automation of SOX Testing process
• Build collaboration by building relationships with key Controlling/BBS stakeholders, including Center Lead/HR/ Other Leads
• Identify, assess, and assist in selection of resources, and ensure role alignment of individuals. Identify changes to long term resource needs and implement appropriate actions.
• Potential to impact control environment maturation at organization and directly contribute to the bottom line through cost efficiencies from controls rationalization, maturation and audit centralization efforts
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
• Successful completion of common controls migration within BBS and strategizing/implementing CCM program.
• Timely update of Key Controls and Task Manager instructions for process/system changes with appropriate documentation in terms of ownership, objectives, test steps, etc.
• Timely completion of management testing with minimal control deficiencies and a goal for no Significant Deficiencies
• Minimize control deficiencies with a goal for No Significant Deficiencies
• Timely implementation of remediation plans with a target of no repeat deficiencies and update to Senior management in terms of control performance and remedial action
• Improving employee/team satisfaction and engagement which is reflected in the Annual Employee Satisfaction survey - minimum least favorable feedback in the critical categories of Employee Survey
• Enhanced efficiency and effectiveness of testing process through use of technology (such as RPA, etc.)
• Timely/quality completion and feedback and support for other initiatives
• Engage with Regional Controllers/ Coordinators/ other stakeholders once every quarter or as required
Major Opportunities and Decisions:
• Great opportunity to coordinate with global, regional and shared services leadership, as well as external auditors, and influence through recommendations, strategies and decisions
• Completion of SOX Testing as per timelines considering other priorities from the business (monthly/ quarterly closing, documentation availability, reporting, etc.)
• Managing conflicting priorities – several other projects could be runnning simultaneously
• Experienced people manager and an effective team player
• Experienced leader for small to medium group experienced in dealing with people issues and conflicts; excellent man management skills
• Manager who is a self starter and is able to think in the right direction; needs minimum supervision/ support and is able to wade through uncertainties
• Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables
Key Relationships, Stakeholders & Interfaces:
A Manager will be expected to maintain relationships with the following key personnel
• Global SOX Project Management Office (PMO)
• Global/regional Controllers/SOX Coordinators – locations/ entities/ value chain
• External Service Providers for Management Testing, wherever required
• Location Financial Controllers
• Service Delivery Leads from BBS
Knowledge and Technical Competencies:
• Good knowledge of accounting concepts and process/controls related to Financial Reporting, Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Commodity Trading, Treasury, Tax, Plant, Property & Equipment, Inventory, HR Payroll, etc.
• Understanding of common controls and CCM methodologies.
• Ability to support high quality level of SOX controls testing and other internal control initiatives
• Ability to work independently, efficiently and deliver high quality output under time pressure
• Strong written and oral communications skills in English along with interpersonal skills
• Strong problem solving & organization skills
• Excellent computer skills and competency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
• Experience with ERP/ Accounting systems and Reporting tools.
• Strong team player and ability to partner with various stakeholders of respective domains
• Support and participate in employee engagement initiatives/actions, including training/education opportunities and other staff development initiatives, as applicable
• Lead, mentor, and coach junior team members, enabling them to meet their performance goals and act as a role model. Responsible for the performance and appraisal of direct reports, including training and developing necessary skill sets to enable them to grow in their careers.
Check Your Resume for Match
Upload your resume and our tool will compare it to the requirements for this job like recruiters do.Check for Match