Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager – Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Information Technology
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
A self-motivated and results-driven individual who will direct and manage Client’s business development activities and develop/implement effective business strategies and programs.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop annual sales strategy and business plan to drive business growth and the achievement of set goals including increasing sales, market share and profitability; cascade it down to quarterly and monthly sales operations plan
- Develop supporting implementation plans to drive the execution of strategies and business plan
- Develop integrated marketing strategies, product pricing and sales plans
- Lead market research, market analysis and competitive analysis in order to identify threats and opportunities and develop marketing plan and activities accordingly.
- Develop the sales and marketing division's budget in collaboration with finance
- Keep abreast of economic, industry, market and regulatory trends, ascertain their (potential) impact on the business and advice management accordingly; develop complementary strategies or initiatives to strengthen the company's market share position
- Develop strategies to expand the customer base and contribute to the development of the company's brand.
Sales & Marketing Management
- Drive and monitor the implementation of the sales and marketing strategy and take necessary actions to correct deviations
- Lead the execution of integrated marketing and sales campaigns
- Ensure all marketing strategies adhere to the company's ethical code of conduct.
- Source and manage relationships with and evaluate the effectiveness of outsourced providers of marketing services.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional activities
- Lead the development and execution of product launches and related marketing initiatives
- Ensure adherence to the sales process in order to achieve market share gains within key customers segment.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval.
- Provide input on the company's media, public relations and advertising initiatives
- Manage the division's budget to achieve set targets whilst improving operations and customer service standards
- Monitor key performance indicators for the business; report periodically on the division's activities as required
- Prospect for and identify new business opportunities
- Participate in business development activities throughout the market and SW region
- Work with the sales team to develop, negotiate and win long- term profitable and sustainable business.
- Lead negotiation for business deals; negotiate supply agreements
Team Leadership & Management
- Lead and manage the division's teams and their activities; manage performance
- Manage the sales force effectively to ensure that individual sales teams are meeting and exceeding specified targets
- Facilitate development; motivate, coach, develop and support staff
- Maintain contact with all clients and ensure high-level client satisfaction.
- Establish close business relationships with the clients' and act as a contract negotiator in transactions.
- Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Identify marketing opportunities via consumer requirements; continuous research to define market share, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecast projected business; establish target market share
- Sound knowledge of the IT industry, products and services
- Strategic planning & management
- Business development
- Sales and marketing management
- Relationship management
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Negotiation & persuasion
- Communication and presentation skills
- Analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Conflict management skills
- Mentoring & coaching Skills
- B.Sc/HND in Marketing or any other relevant discipline.
- MBA, Masters Degree or professional qualification in a relevant field would be an added advantage
- 10 years sales management experience, with experience leading, motivating and managing staff
- Strong track record in selling across several sectors
- Knowledge of selling software, solutions and/or infrastructure will be an added advantage