SalaryCompetitiveLocationAsia, India, HyderābādIndustryBanking & Financial ServicesJob Description
you will have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation. We are modernizing our DevOps and engineering practice, which includes implementing the latest DevOps philosophies and methodologies. As a part of this modernization effort, the ideal candidate will help train/ mentor the team on best practices within the engineering space of the DevOps and Engineering division.
- Implement and manage the releases using continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems and methodologies on-premise and in a cloud platform.
- Creation of automation scripts and templates for provisioning resources, rolling out tools and new features.
- Identification of areas where automation is needed and coming up with necessary scripts that can help smoothen the process.
- Design and maintain tools to automate operational and application processes.
- Help with monitoring systems and providing support.
- Work with all teams to achieve business objectives.
- As a release engineer one should take care deployment issues at customer sites/Transcend internal environments, work with BAs, customer support teams to fix installation problems etc.
- Coordinating with the third-party service provider for timely repair of the system and repairing minor flaws in hardware
- Ensure that software builds happen predictably, consistently and reliably.
- Assist development in troubleshooting system and software issues in all environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical degree; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of career experience including release management process and process automation in cloud and on-prem environments.
- Release engineer from a product company is a plus.
- Good analytical skills with strong enthusiasm to find out areas where automation is needed and coming up with necessary scripts that can help automate the process.
- Experience in SQL and Shell scripting to write automated scripts that help in smooth deployments.
- Experience in preparing deployment check lists, release notes and test evidence documents.
- High level understanding of DevOps tools so that the person can identify deployment failures by looking at the necessary log files. (understanding Log files of Docker scripts, ansible scripts etc.)
- Familiarity with CI/CD methodologies, automation pipeline, workflows and tools.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting and the use of monitoring tools and dash boards.
- Experiencing in setting up new environments.
- Experience with installation of various infrastructure services such as Middleware, Databases etc.
- understanding of business practices, looks for vulnerabilities, and provides continuous monitoring and testing across all platforms
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.