SalaryCompetitive Salary PackageLocationTokyoIndustryLogistics & Supply ChainJob Description
Job Title: Solutions Director
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
The Company is searching for Solutions Director to join her Consulting Services group. This position requires 25%-50% travel and is located at in Tokyo, Japan office.
What you’ll do:
- Provide first level management and guidance on employee issues, customer issues, training and development fulfilment, etc.
- Ensure the complete communication and distribution of company information, application of employee career goals within a project, identification and escalation of employee wellness issues.
- Promote effective two-way communication with the goal of further developing the team “communities.”
- Minimum bi-weekly touch base (via phone, email or instant messenger) with each individual member of the team to gauge employee wellness, address issues, concerns, etc.
- Foster a culture/environment where employees work together well, are motivated, and challenged.
- Promote employees and peer recognition through Company established tools and processes.
- Enable employee development through the aid of internal or external e-learning or educational opportunities; track, plan and monitor employee effectiveness, certifications, and completion of training plan.
- Work with the Project Managers to ensure employee career goals are met within a project and to develop project team training opportunities.
- Provide general mentorship to employees and some level of solution mentoring as well.
- Work with the Resource Controller and Practice Director to identify current and future staffing skill needs.
- Manages utilization at the practice level (supply and demand matching)
- Works with Practice Directors to define and execute on an annual recruitment plan that aligns to the forecast and market demands. Build and execute on-boarding plans for new consultants.
- Consolidate project review feedback and provide a meaningful performance review to each Employee regarding their effectiveness in achieving goals, their development plan and demonstrating competencies.
- Ensures Employees adhere to Company policies, procedures, methodologies and quality standards.
- Work with the respective Employees to ensure appropriate approval has been obtained prior to incurring non-project related, non-billable expenses and keeping these expenses to a minimum.
- Escalates issues that may have negative financial impact.
- Acts as executive leader to the customer, and interfaces regularly with customers and prospective customers to discuss their needs.
- Acts as the project manager on major pre-sales RM projects.
- Articulate the suitable business solutions and the JDA Value Proposition for the prospects / customers at the top management level based on understanding of their business and IT requirements.
- Assists Account Manager when sales engagement becomes more complex and competitive.
- Bridge to Implementation team. Communicates issues and concerns about client, and performs turn over meeting with implementation team. Complete Scoping Study engagements as first step of major project implementations. Guarantee that implementation teams are set up to succeed.
- Demonstrating detailed knowledge of the industry, shares best practices, proven business processes. Design, support and execute Scoping Studies.
- Develops and fosters long term relationships as trusted advisor to customers with customer senior Management including C level with credibility and confidence.
- Formally present to potential client strategic consulting services plans for projects. Identifies and utilizes appropriate internal resources to engage in sales cycles to support the business case. Identifies business plan and strategy, key decision makers, key performance indicators, and budget constraints to support driving the transaction to closure for business opportunities.
- Identifies market opportunities, co-ordinate demand generation sales activities, quality leads for prospective clients for JDA Solutions and Strategic Consulting.
- Identifies, assesses, negotiates and manages strategic relationships and business opportunities with prospective clients and strategic business partners, in new and existing markets.
- Impact the margin on the services contract/SOW by ensuring successful & comprehensive implementations which will result in referenceable clients & future software & service sales.
- Is key in the successful closure of large deals.
- Participate in Scoping Study engagements as first step of major project implementations. Guarantee that implementation teams are set up to succeed.
- Supports complex sales and competitive sales opportunities by utilizing consulting and partner relationships and cultivates business opportunities and existing customers.
- The go to person for sales, management, delivery & support for the understanding of the business processes for the area & solutions of expertise. Translates customer requirements to Product development requirements. Work with JDA teams to put projects back on track.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the SCM best practices
- Current or prior experience working in a Management role
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations for user, management, and executive level audiences.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills required, with the ability to mentor, coach and train Company Employees
- 12-15 years of hands-on experience in a similar role
- Consulting and implementation experience with Company solutions preferred; other leading solutions will also be considered.
- Flexible and promotes a teamwork environment.