Salary17 LPALocationPuneIndustryFMCG, Retail & E-CommerceJob Description
The Systems Engineer develops, maintains and supports the technical infrastructure including server and system hardware, operating systems and software components. The Systems Engineer works on installing, upgrading and maintaining systems as well as support escalations and resolving complex technical problems.
- Work with infrastructure and cloud teams to maintain server and application infrastructure ensuring the adherence to standard IT Service Management (ITSM) processes including incident management, change management, and problem management.
- Implement server and general infrastructure best practices as defined by global standards documentation.
- Perform complex email migrations from various platforms to O365.
- Perform analysis and migration of file shares, active directory users, applications and other data to support mergers and acquisitions.
- Provide assessment and analysis of infrastructure and application environments.
- Perform identity reconciliation.
- Support and maintain key Microsoft applications such as Office 365, Active Directory, SharePoint, etc.
- Create, maintain and update documentation for system standards, standard operating procedures and disaster recovery plans
- Provide escalation to service desk and network operations center for complex incidents and problems
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for tasks
- Support highly-available global infrastructure by participating in an on-call rotation
- Develops and maintains client relationship and identifies further opportunities to extend agreements and expand business
- B.Tech / B.E./ M.C.A. M.Sc. B.Sc. or Bachelor degree in relevant field.
- In depth knowledge of server, storage and networking hardware and Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Strong proficiency with virtualization technology (VMware preferred)
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Server Systems including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SCCM, DNS, DHCP
- Strong PowerShell scripting abilities
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure) is a plus
- Expert problem-solving skills
- Experience with standard project management methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal staff
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience.