SalaryLocationFrankfurtIndustryIndustrial, Manufacturing & ChemicalsJob Description
Founded in 1993, Antal International is currently one of the world's fastest-growing recruitment organization for the placement of specialist executives. Our client is a global leading chemicals company with over 5,000 Employees and 6Bn EUR Turnover. Due to continuing growth we are currently looking for an:
Tax Assistant (m/w/d)
As part of the European tax team, you will support the tax department with direct and indirect tax compliance for all European subsidiaries, tax audits and inquiries from the tax authorities. You will also perform both regular and ad-hoc financial analysis to monitor the company’s tax position and support the local tax provision calculation.
- Support the global tax team with accounting for income taxes under US GAAP and with local tax provision calculations
- Support the local direct / indirect tax compliance process for all European subsidiaries by gathering and providing key data for internal use and to external service providers
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for the VAT data flow in SAP and the OneSource Tax system
- Prepare German VAT submissions, local VAT filings throughout Europe by providing the data required in the VAT returns and preparing VAT health checks
- Support European tax audits
- Perform required internal controls and take ownership of controls related to tax, as needed
- Assist as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required
- Support in reviewing quarterly International and annual tax accounting calculations, including effective tax rate analysis and valuation allowance analysis.
- Accounting/Economics Degree (Bachelor or Master) required with a focus in Taxation or Tax Certifications. Law Degree and/or MBA a plus
- 3 to 5 years’ work experience ideally within in a large corporate tax environment and/or Big 4 Accounting Firm
- Strong technical tax law skills (on German tax law, other country technical tax skills are an asset) on direct and indirect tax
- Strong Excel skills
- Advanced experience of using an ERP system. Identify and manage relevant data from large from a large database.
- Knowledge of Value Added Tax principles and understanding the inputs and outputs for compliance purposes
- Basic understanding of tax accounting concepts
- Knowledge of transfer pricing principles including understanding BEPS risk(s)
- Practical experience with the following (tax) accounting solutions and software programs is a plus: SAP, Microsoft Office Suite, Datev, Elster
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written,
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Highly self-motivated; takes initiative; identifies and addresses issues; works efficiently with attention to detail; remarkable communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment which requires prioritisation and ability to multi-task
- Be comfortable working on their own initiative to achieve objectives and deadlines relevant to the role requirements and business needs in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to work well with others and under minimal supervision
- This position is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany with reporting directly to the Tax Manager – Europe. Occasional domestic and international travel is required
Please send your application including your CV and References to: EMoore@antal.com.
If you have any questions or suggestions about positions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Edward Moore, your contact at Antal International GmbH, by email or by phone +49 69 976 75 139.