The role is key to ensuring that the critical finance processes are delivered as per group expectations – accounting, compliance to local and applicable international tax laws, banking and fund management, compliance with governance processes within the territory. The role is responsible to lead the finance team for the annual audit process with the external audit team and deliver the audited Financial Statements for all concepts operating in the territory as well as providing adequate support for Internal audit reviews as and when needed. Finally, this role is the senior most resource in the territory and will be required to provide leadership on multiple business and functional issues as and when required (including issues pertaining to commercial matters and government relations).
- Develop and maintain systems for prompt and accurate collection of financial and accounting information
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statement in compliance with the statutory/regulatory norms
- Analyze discrepancies and resolve queries pertaining to the reports prepared
- Manage accounts payables and accounts receivables for all the concepts
- Supervise Insurance transactions – renewal / addition / claim settlements
- Supervise Banking transactions – Daily fund management / utilization of funds / Liaoning with banks / analyzing banking facilities and Repayment of TR in time/Remittances to Corporate Office
- Coordinate with the central finance team to meet finance deliverables by the territory
- Ensure compliance to local tax laws (VAT, ZAKAT, WHT, Corporate taxes, etc.)
- Assist in budget preparation/financial projections including cash flow statements
- Initiate and develop reporting and tracking systems
- Train and educate the team members about errors / new system developments
- Correspond with the Oracle team in the resolution of ERP issues (roll out and system)
- Avert IT infrastructure problems and resolve issues before they impact business availability
- Analyze Working Capital requirement viz. Receivables, Inventory and Trade Creditors and coordinate with concept HoFs to arrange the required finances
- Manage the performance of the team – set annual performance goals-KPIs, monitor performance and provide constructive feedback to improve performance.
- Identify their training and development needs and ensure their fulfilment
- Develop and mentor subordinates to move to the next higher level of job through career planning – succession planning – develop back up as KPI.
- Ensure compliance to Company policies and values
- Facilitate timely and accurate internal audits
- Constantly review of the effectiveness of the existing internal control system, segregation of duties.
- Ensure timely renewal of – Trade Licenses / Lease Agreements / Commercial terms in the lease agreements along with PROs with the different authorities
Qualifications and Experience
Qualified Chartered Accountant/CPA/CIMA with 15 Years relevant experience in Hospitality/Retail/FMCG industry. Expert knowledge of IFRS, Knowledge of ERP based Accounting Systems, IT and supply chain knowledge