If you want the inside edge on landing your next role you should use a recruiter, total jobs recently shared results from their research and expressed that “Overall half of UK workers (50%) expect they’ll make a career change within the next two years, equating to nearly 16.6 million workers switching industry in that time”, If you assume similar percentages globally, then competition for roles will be increased dramatically, couple this with the reduction in workforce sizes due to the COVID-19 effect there will undoubtedly there will be more competition for roles and having an advantage is key.
Having a good recruiter on your side can give you that advantage for free so why wouldn’t you use one? if you still need to be convinced here are the top 10 reasons.
1. A good recruiter will advise and coach you on your CV.
2. Recruiters should help you prepare for interviews, providing inside knowledge on the client/ company and will set you up for success.
3. Recruiters have an extensive network and can introduce to people outside your network.
4. Get past the technology blocker, many companies today use AI to screen resumes, a majority of CV’s are never seen by a person, a recruiter can by-pass that.
5. Many roles are not posted or only posted to satisfy a company policy when in reality the hiring process may have started.
6. Recruiters know their clients and candidates and aid in matching skills, experience, culture, values, etc. resulting in better hires and happier more engaged team members once that “new job excitement wears off “.
7. Remember a recruiter gets paid on results, so it’s in their best interest to place candidates.
8. There are a lot of recruiters out there, but great ones are specialists and have the industry knowledge and treat candidates first as that’s their product they are selling.
9. Niche recruiters will have established clients and relationships which provides you with the inside advantage.
10. Recruiters can smooth over bumps in the process, maybe you feel you didn’t answer a question correctly at interview or there are difficult questions you would like answered or the client does, as the recruiter will help with this.
At the end of the day, as recruiters, it is our job to know the market and have a great deal of knowledge about our niche. As a candidate, it doesn’t cost you anything to use a recruiter but when you find a good one such as Antal International, the advantage is that you will have someone in your corner rooting for you, giving you advice and coaching to succeed.
At Antal International, our goal is to to make candidates and clients’ lives easier, in making ideal matches, if you are in the 4 and 5-star hotel industry and would like to have a confidential conversation please contact us at [email protected] or message me on LinkedIn.