Salary1000000 - 1200000LocationAhmadābādIndustryEngineering & AutomotiveJob Description
Qualification – ICWA/CA with 5 to 8 years of Experience in Industrial/Manufacturing organization.
The primary objective of this role is to ensure that the system reflects the correct costing and Inventory position of the organisation.
Below is the list of activities expected from the role which may occur at daily/monthly or annual basis depending on the task.
- Ensure timely closure of month end activities related to costing and Inventory.
- Extract and populate inventory and costing related reports from system at month end and prepare reconciliation statements for all the Balance sheet accounts related to Inventory (Ledger to subledger reconciliations).
- Review the ageing of inventory and calculate the provision on the same. Highlight the highly aged items to Management.
- Review the purchase price of material on a monthly basis and highlight major variations.
- Review of Resource costs including outside processing of material and highlight major variations.
- Review the conversion cost as a whole (Plant overheads, cost of labour, outside processing, etc) and incorporate the same in the MIS.
- Preparation of gross margin statement for all the product lines for the month and periods with details regarding cost variations and price variations.
- Circulate Budget vs Actual figures at month end to all the Plant functions and document reasons for deviations.
- Provide insights with regards to products making low margins, low sales. High inventory levels, etc.
- Review the scrap generation and scrap sales activities and ensure correct reporting of the same.
- Ensure correct cost updated in System at all times.
- Perform quarterly rate development of material in System and prepare cost variation reports.
- Perform quarterly overheads cost development in system.
- Perform simulations for material cost increase to understand the cost increase in order to support pricing decisions.
- Review of the exceptions in costing and ensure timely corrections of the same by coordinating with the cross functional teams.
- Ensure timely completion of Cost Audit.
- Ensure correct Transfer pricing costs for Intercompany transactions.
- Ensure timely support to cross functional teams in finance for timely completion of various audits like Statutory audit, Tax audit, Internal Audit.
- Support Annual operating plan preparation.
- Lead the Quarterly physical stock taking exercise and review the results of the same and present to the management.
- Continuously strive for bringing improvements and improving efficiency in the overall internal control systems in the costing and Inventory areas.
Skill set required:
- Expertise in MS Excel, having knowledge of V look up, Pivots, graphs, sum if, etc.
- Knowledge of standard costing.
- Hands on experience of Oracle/SAP/JD Edwards/ERP systems.
Behavioural skill set required:
- Quick learner
- Understanding and application of Costing tools /techniques
- Good with numbers reporting
- Capacity to work in pressure situations with very quick turnaround times
- Process orientation and analytical skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work in matrix structure with multiple cross functional teams like Sourcing, Production, Sales.