SalaryLocationEuropeIndustryEngineering, Automotive & ConstructionJob Description
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is committed to environmental compliance, protection, excellence, and continual improvement. With willingness to support development of near-term and long-term environmental initiatives, this global role embraces our culture in a multi-national organization, collaborates cross-functionally and across international divisions, striving to meet internal and external stakeholders’ sustainability expectations. This global lead role is a self-starter with can-do attitudes, serves as an environmental technical expert engineer supporting all global facilities in coordinating and executing our environmental sustainability strategy, as well as to support regions in meeting applicable regulatory environmental requirements.
It is vital for this global role to be a confident consensus builder committed to and passionate about environmental sustainability, in addition to the near-term laser focus to support development of our enterprise-wide Climate Strategy and implementation of action plans.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Act as the environmental function’s point of contact for global initiatives, effectively coordinate cross-functionally and between Divisions/Corporate, including but not limited to, assessing, interpreting and cascading within the company and the supply chain of expectations of customers
- Assist Global EHS team to engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., customers, investors, suppliers) to communicate, educate and advocate for environmental responsibility plans and actions.
- Assume proactive project management role to ensure timely and effective deliverables within the defined scope and resource plans (e.g., time, financial, staff), escalate risks to relevant functions and management for resolution.
- Support management through a PDCA (plan-do-check-act) methodology and Lean thinking to drive environmental strategic focus, vision, and sustainability.
- Track progress towards measurable goals and metrics, coordinate with various functions and sites to implement environmental initiatives, and assist internal and external reporting at defined cadence (e.g., annual sustainability report)
- Responsible for consolidation (and coordinate with external SMEs for independent verification where applicable) of all global environmental metrics to support our Sustainability Program, and facilitate management review and informed decision-making
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts to conduct climate risk assessments, assist management in evaluating recommendations and implementing action plans for gap closure and risk mitigation.
- Thorough understanding of key sustainability issues with an emphasis on Environmental topics, e.g., climate change, and how they can be integrated into business to create measurable value.
- Considerable understanding of sustainability frameworks and programs, including but not limited to, GRI, UN SDGs, TCFD, CDP and EcoVadis
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills; ability to leverage IT tools to collect and report on all global environmental metrics to support our Sustainability Program and facilitate management review and informed decision-making
- Demonstrated experience interacting and collaborating with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders
- With strong interpersonal skills and experience in leading, influencing and collaborating in a multi-national, cross-functional team environment.
- Gain fast and solid understanding of our global, divisional & local environmental policies, procedures, process maps and associated forms.
- Five (5+) years of professional experience/ supervisory role in environmental sustainability program development and implementation
- Climate change strategy and risk assessment knowledge strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an industrial environment.
- Experience working in international and/or public companies preferred
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Environmental Science, Sustainability management or an equivalent field of study. A Master’s degree in Environmental Science or an equivalent field of study is preferred.
Certifications in environmental and/or sustainability fields.