SalaryCompetitive PackageLocationLausanne, SwitzerlandIndustryAutomotiveJob Description
Head of ML Application Engineering – Engineering Design Simulation Software
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
How many chances in life do you get to be part of a company that has developed the technology and put together a best-in-class team to change the future of many industries? If you have the enthusiasm and drive to join such a company, have a passionate interest in AI and deep learning, and are a leader with a proven track record in technical consultancy in the CAD/CAE software and automotive/ aerospace industry, then we want to speak with you today!
Meeting the challenges faced by today’s engineering organizations requires making computer-based intelligence the central paradigm of design processes. Their software exploits the power of deep learning to assist leading engineering teams to quickly design outstanding products. Where traditional physical solvers would take days or weeks to evaluate a single design, their neural network-based predictive models allow engineers to test and optimize design ideas in real time.
The company was founded in 2018 in a highly innovative AI lab in Switzerland, and has completed more than 50 industrial projects with the platform since then. It is 40+ employees strong and has already established solid and fast-growing revenues. The company is backed by venture capital investors who share their ambition of establishing their position as category-defining leaders.
The Machine Learning Application Team
Their mission is to support our customers in solving their most complex engineering challenges. They collaborate closely with engineering and design teams within the automotive, aerospace and energy industries, understand their challenges and pains, and help them identify solutions to accelerate their conception processes. They leverage their platform, to unlock the value of the most complex Computer-Aided Engineering datasets and to create a direct impact on production design processes. Become a part of this exciting adventure as they grow and revolutionize the world of engineering!
What you will do
As a head of Application Engineering (AE), you will lead the team globally and coach its members in their activities with customers. By bringing consulting best practices in project management, you will ensure that the team can efficiently deliver value for our customers in their transformation journey towards Engineering Intelligence.
We are looking for an experienced professional with an engineering and consulting background who is passionate about engineering and can coach a team of talented engineers while ensuring maximum impact for our client’s customers.
You'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our business over the long term. Your main responsibilities will include:
- You will lead, structure and organize the AE team for the company's long-term growth.
- You will work hand-in-hand with the commercial team in each region ensuring perfect alignment between the commercial and AE activities.
- You will set up best practices in project management within the company.
- You will ensure knowledge transfer and best practices within your team.
- You will bring key contributions to sales.
Who you are
You have an engineering background
- You have at least 5+ years of proven experience in technical consultancy (strict requirement)
- You have experience in managing teams
- Knowledge of CAD/CAE software and automotive/ aerospace industry experience is a plus
- You have a good understanding of Machine Learning and AI
- You have business confidence, entrepreneurial spirit, and high energy
- You are committed to a high level of professionalism and ethics
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
- You have an international culture and a passion for learning
- You need to be close to your customers and meet them regularly so will be ready travel up to 30% of the time
- You have a work and resident status in Europe and are ready to locate to Switzerland
What you get
- A competitive salary and generous equity compensation plan – our client is growing fast and want their employees to benefit from their growth
- Work with a world-class technology team - their engineers are best-in-class innovators
- A stimulating environment where you can learn and grow professionally quickly
- The opportunity to contribute to the future of engineering and be part of a company with global ambitions – our client believes passionately that their product will change the future of many industries.
Where you will be
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Check Your Resume for Match
Upload your resume and our tool will compare it to the requirements for this job like recruiters do.Check for Match