Back to Jobs
Junior QA Automation Engineer
SalaryLocationEastern Europe, Romania, BucharestIndustryEngineeringJob Description
- Analyzing product requirements and specifications.
- Ensures that testing activities are conducted in accordance to the testing strategy and plan.
- Executes or contributes to proof of concept using technical tools and helping to evaluate ROI and feasibility studies.
- Enhances 'best of breed' framework/harness for automation testing.
- Implements or contributes to automation/performance test strategies.
- Defines requirements for test data environments.
- Defines or contributes to test effort estimation based on experience, tools and historical data.
- Creates test data, writing and executing of test cases/scripts.
- Ensures that test packs are maintained and have incorporated any specific tests that have been identified following a production incident.
- Analyses test results, document issues, and retests corrections to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Ensures that test risks and issues are recorded and escalated as appropriate.
- Document and maintain project documentation and communicate results.
- Ensures the timely reporting and classification of defects.
- Ensures adherence to testing best practices and the Client's testing standards.
- Co-ordinates with all team members - QA/BA/DEV/PM.
- Collaborates with other peers to minimize testing inter-dependency issues and agree to migration to live environment.
- Aligns to the wider team/group objectives.
- Champions and participates in the activities of the broader QA & Testing profession and Community of Practice.
- Adheres to Client's Policies and Procedures.
- Takes ownership for own development and career management, seeking opportunities to develop personal capability and improve performance contribution.
- 1+ years of hands on experience in test automation.
- Experience of industry standard test tools and testing frameworks(e.g. HP ALM 11, UFT, Selenium).
- Understanding of testing across the full Software Development lifecycle.
- Experience of planning and executing testing across all layers.
- Experience of building out technical testing solutions adhering to frameworks and standards.
- Solid experience in test documentation design including test plans, test strategy, test cases, etc.
- Strong knowledge of testing processes and defect tracking(preferably JIRA)
- Experience of providing input into technical frameworks and strategies.
- Customer and service orientation to support interaction with team resources and clients.
- Proven experience with Risk Management and Control policies and procedures.
- Proactively, initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Good written and spoken English: upper intermediate and higher
Nice to have:
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM
- System integration testing experience
- Continuous Integration: TeamCity or Jenkins
- Linux shell
- Participation and/or completion in testing certification programs (ISTQB, ISEB or tool specific certifications).
- Load & Performance automation experience: HP LoadRunner, Jmeter