Back to Jobs
SalaryLocationRomania, IasiIndustryEngineering, Automotive & ConstructionJob Description
Antal International is looking for an experienced Project Engineer for their Client: an industry-leading transmission solutions manufacturer located in Iasi.
- Engineering/Mechanical Bachelor’s Degree
- Good understanding of metal manufacturing processes, clocking and manufacturing standard times definition and structure.
- Good technical drawing knowledge
- Organizational, time management, task coordination and decision-making skills.
- Fluent in English
- MS Office skills, Windchill – a plus
In this role you are responsible for:
- Interpretation of the different customer requirements (drawings, specs, 3D-models) and translate these into a production process that meets these requirements and has the lowest cost:
- Create a product structure (BOM) and technological flow (routing) in local ERP system
- Prepare specific technological drawings for manufacturing steps
- Propose and implement improvement actions to reduce cycle time, production cost and quality issues by:
- Perform time and labor calculations
- Defining new production processes
- Analyzing and improving setup times - Focus on improved manufacturing fixtures allowing to go to dedicated / quick changeover fixtures
- Analyzing and improving cycle times by defining new cutting tools and cutting strategies together with the process specialists
- Participate in quality working teams to define root causes and corrective actions for recurring quality issues.
- Developing specifications for the project's needed equipment.
- Do market research on available technologies
- Request quotations and make a technical comparison in between the different solutions
- Propose solutions to the management team.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants.
- Monitor manufacturing flow up to technology validation.
- Make plant/line layout with focus on transport & Flow of parts and handling of parts.