SalaryUp to 20 LpaLocationIndia, ChennaiIndustryInformation TechnologyJob Description
Summary Role Description:
Sr. Software Engineers should be a solid contributor to the entire project lifecycle. You will be expected to refine product definitions, create estimates, document designs, write code, and test following our established development processes. Our perfect candidate is likely to be on the two-year plan, which means that as a rising star, you should look forward to growing out of this role within the next two years.
Our client is a leading fintech company with an intense focus on providing alternative and friction-less solutions to under banked customers that do not have adequate access to mainstream banking services. We use world class analytics, software, UX and a deep understanding of data to provide a range of compelling financial services products. Our primary market is currently the UK with development and production facilities in Chennai and Delhi, India.
Title / Designation: Sr. Software Engineer
Reporting To: Technical Lead
1. Ability to prioritize the needs of the team above personal goals
2. Can-do attitude
3. Strong problem solving skills
4. Great attention to detail
5. Ability to consistently deliver high quality results on time
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Ability to achieve excellent results with minimal supervision
8. Ability to ramp up very quickly on any programming language, framework, or tool
9. Ability to translate product requirements into software designs
10. An understanding of scalable, distributed, and big-data architectures
11. Excellent functional design documentation skills
12. Excellent object oriented technical design and programming skills
13. Ability to understand, follow, and enforce strict development processes
14. Ability and willingness to travel in support of company activities (10-30%)
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. 4+ years of full lifecycle object-oriented software product development experience
2. Very good experience in Python, Docker, any python rest framework, any messaging queues,
MySqlDB and MongoDB.
3. Experience working in a team environment
4. Software development in a Linux or Unix (or similar) environment (Windows and Mac a plus)
5. Working knowledge of common software development tools, such as IDE’s, debuggers, version
control systems, etc.
6. Experience working in a multi-branch source code environment
7. Design and development of high-throughput, high-availability client/server systems desirable
8. Systems integration of message-oriented or other distributed client/server systems desirable
9. Design and development of native iOS and Android apps a big plus
10. Experience with Django or Magento a big plus
Assessment & interview process:
2 rounds of technical interviews
1 Managerial round.