SalaryCompetitive basic and packageLocationLondonIndustryLogistics & Supply ChainJob Description
Shipping Assistant - Import
Our client is considered to be the fastest growing vitamin supplement company in the Uk who lead the way in this product category through their innovation and quality.
They are currently looking for a Shipping Assistant to join their Import/Export & Shipping Department.
The Shipping Assistant will be responsible for providing efficient administrative and clerical support to the Import and Export teams which includes:
- Producing and checking essential shipping documentation required by customers and suppliers, including customs documentation
- Updating and maintaining accurate shipping information in our Freight software database
- Assisting with transport arrangements by sea, air and road
- Dealing with customers enquiries relating to orders, shipments and deliveries
- Providing excellent customer service
- Undertaking various other administrative duties
- Manage all aspects on the Import process.
- Ensure correct document in file for Import shipment.
- Responsible for the input of Import / export customs entries in SAP (training will be provided).
- Liaising with customers and overseas agents
- Providing Liaison between the company, Air / Sea Carrier and HMRC (when required).
- Submission of Quarterly Bonded stock report to HMRC (training will be provided).
- Knowledge of dealing with 3PL for import shipments - FOB terms.
You will need:
- Previous administrative experience in the shipping & logistics sector.
- Good knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of import/export documentation
- High level of speed and accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Good computer skills and competent with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Bonded warehouse / Bonded stock is advantage.