SalaryUp to 25 LPALocationChennaiIndustryInformation TechnologyJob Description
Looking for a Lead Software Engineer – Python, for solutioning, designing, building, deploying and supporting object-oriented advanced AWS cloud-native scalable, distributed AI / ML applications (focussed on verticals like Healthcare, Banking, etc.), using Python frameworks and for leading a small team, for a rapidly growing Advanced AI / ML deep-tech start-up
Our client is a rapidly growing start-up which is a highly specialised provider of advanced Analytics & AI / ML solutions that solve important problems in multiple domains, including Healthcare, Banking, Retail, Automotive, Defence and others. Their founders are industry veterans who possess formidable academic credentials and who have invested heavily in research on AI / ML and deep tech, for which they have created a research & innovation lab in IIT Madras Research Park.
- Title / Designation: Lead Python Developer
- Reporting to: Project Leadership
- Location: Open to long-term remote working; physical location is in Chennai.
Roles & responsibilities:
As a Senior Software Engineer – Python, you will be building, deploying and supporting object-oriented advanced AWS cloud-native scalable, distributed AI / ML applications, using Python frameworks.
- 7+ Years of Object-Oriented development in Python.
- Strong ability to work alone or in small teams with other developers to get the job done.
- Able to mentor and guide other developers in code reviews and knowledge sharing.
- Experience in RESTFUL API Design using Flask, Django or similar frameworks.
- Experience with relational SQL database systems, PostgreSQL preferred.
- Willing to research and become subject matter experts in facets of the ever-changing world of health care in order to design, prototype and implement robust systems.
- Preference for those who have worked in health care, banking, or insurance industries or other experience in sensitive transaction processing. While preferred this is not a requirement.
- Familiarity with SQLAlchemy or other Python ORM libraries
- Experience with using Celery or similar distributed task processing systems.
- Knowledge of Python Selenium or other browser automation tools.
- Skilled with image processing including image manipulation, computer vision/object recognition, or OCR technologies.
- Prior experience integrating with external health care vendor systems.
- Familiarity with X12, FIHR, or HL7 standards are a big bonus.
- Development of containerised applications and services, preferably with Docker. * Development of microservices using Flask (preferably) or other frameworks.
- Distributed cloud application deployment.
- Distributed systems using Celery and message brokers (RabbitMQ, Redis).
- Working knowledge of Watcher and DataDog.
- AWS Cloud components – EC2, Aurora, Athena, and S3.
- Version control systems such as BitBucket or GitHub and project management tools (Jira or equivalent).
- API documentation using Swagger UI, Postman Doc.
- MongoDB and Mongoose.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) using unit test/pytest.
Assessment & interview process:
- Coding test on Hacker rank.
- Technical Interview round 1.
- Technical Interview round 2.
- Final HR discussion round.