SalaryCompetitive Salary + Other BenefitsLocationZambiaIndustryBanking & Financial ServicesJob Description
Job Title: Regional Head of HR – Zambia & Uganda
Location: Zambia or Uganda
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
As Regional Head of HR, your main responsibilities will be to manage all employees and transition HR strategy to growth and people development including all aspects of recruiting, onboarding, social relations, training, retention, growth, office management and offboarding. Your responsibilities will include, without being limited to:
- Implements and administrates all HR policies & procedures guiding Client’s companies (onboarding, contracts, internal policies, immigration, leave management, payroll, offboarding);
- Ensures admin processes are running smoothly;
- Manages compliance to all HR (safety, health, other) and labour topics for all Client’s companies;
- Manages the HR & Admin team on a daily basis and in their development.
- Implements and leads performance management system (objective, performance based and transparent);
- Uses data analysis to influence strategic decisions and to address organizational challenges to talent management;
- Promotes and coordinates initiatives that support organizational change;
- Drives the achievement of HR results by leveraging resources, developing performance standards and results in planning and monitoring.
- Implements satisfaction/motivation barometers, measures and acts accordingly;
- Suggests appropriate events to strengthen sense of belonging;
- Manages employee relations (social bodies, employee satisfaction, health and security);
- Manages culture and the office in general (IT, logistics, office initiatives, values dissemination, every-day life).
- Improves the performance of others by empowering a strong leadership and coaching culture;
- Works closely with leadership to build, implement and enforce the HR initiatives (policies, programs, processes ...);
- Coaches managers to support and roll out people development efforts.
- Promotes feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes;
- Ensures HR practices are aligned with business needs and makes recommendations to HR leadership when changes are appropriate;
- Provides input to the design and development of company-wide HR initiatives and ensures they are aligned with business needs.
Skills & Qualifications
- Problem solving ability;
- Demonstrates operational and strategic skills;
- Experience of acting as a role model;
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff;
- Rigorous management of results;
- Brand Notoriety; Employee Engagement; Innovation and Change;
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions;
- Ability to inspire confidence through timely delivery of information and plans;
- Works independently, consults where appropriate;
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, evaluate people, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment and effectively interface with business and function leaders in a global matrix organization;
- Outstanding communication, coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization;
- Passionate, wants to make a difference in the organization;
- Minimum 10 years' experience in HR;
- Master's degree in business administration, Human Resources or related field is required;
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office, e.g., solid and sound Excel knowledge.