SalaryLocationBangaloreIndustryInformation TechnologyJob Description
The Foundation (RF) teams build systems and infrastructures that fuel the modules and services of the Reporting & Analysis Platform for Tax and Other Regulations platform.
We are looking for passionate and hardworking Site Reliability Engineers to continue our focus in providing our customers the highest quality services experience. Our services have to scale globally, stay highly available, and "just work."
- Strong sense of ownership and integrity demonstrated through clear communication and collaboration.
- Experience in managing and scaling distributed systems in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment.
- The ability to design, author, and release code in .NET and C# language.
- Strong drive to automate manual operations and to improve them through repeated iteration.
- Good understanding of various Azure cloud services and resources.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience managing large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management or software delivery platforms (such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Spinnaker).
- Experience with deploying, supporting, and supervising new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes and a solid understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with scale testing, disaster recovery, and capacity planning.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent (software development or production operations experience in a large-scale environment).
Willingness to participate in on-call rotation.
This platform is a distributed cloud-based platform that serves hundreds of geographically dispersed clients, and this comes with unique challenges. As an SRE, you'll need to solve these problems using data, teamwork, and your expertise. Our SREs own the full platform stack of the production environment; from covering issues related to the application functionalities to addressing infrastructure disasters -- our responsibilities are both broad and deep.
Our platform runs on the Microsoft Azure cloud and follows a microservices architecture. We run a mix of open source, vendor licensed, and internally developed tools to perform functions such as provisioning, software deployment, logging, and monitoring. You'll learn these tools and have opportunities to improve them. Our team is collaborative; we work closely with the development teams we support to deliver the best results for us. We aim to balance the best solution with the need to get things done for each engineering challenge we face.ni