- LocationSofia, Bulgaria
Antal International is a network of global talent solutions experts, with a vast presence spanning over 140 offices in 35 countries. Antal International has established a strong presence in the Bulgarian market since its inception in 2005 and opened a new office in Bulgaria in 2023. This strategic move demonstrates Antal's dedication to staying at the forefront of the industry and its unwavering commitment to delivering top-notch recruitment solutions.
Our client is a pan-European think tank and policy not-for-profit organization, currently establishing its new Accounting Shared Service Centre in Bulgaria.
Working closely with the Finance Director and Head of Accounting Shared Services, the AP Accountant is responsible for the delivery of an accounting service to the group of 7 European entities, operating efficient financial systems and processes that supports the organisation.
- Timely & accurate processing of accounts payable, expenses and payroll
- Manage and handle day-to-day associated accounting matters and ledgers, including balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage payments, support cash management and banking accounting
- Maintain and operate the accounting and associated business systems
- Own financial processes, policies and internal controls related to the above
- Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance
- Develop good working relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Several years adequate and relevant hands-on accounting experience within a Shared Service Centre
- Understanding of IFRS or another internationally recognised set of Accounting Standards
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of financial business processes and internal control
- Proficient in the use of up-to-date accounting systems as well as in MS Office
- Very good numeracy and analytical skills
- Well organised, flexible and customer focussed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and ideally another European language (German, French, Spanish, Italian or Polish)
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-reliant with high degree of ownership; highly reliable and quality driven
- High degree of service orientation and customer focus paired with hands-on approach
- Flexible and multitasking with the ability to adapt to a changeable condition
- Ability to work individually, as well as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-national team
- Excellent organisational skills with a good eye for detail and accuracy
- Can-do and proactive attitude
We appreciate all applications, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We comply with all applicable national and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity.
License No: 3529/25.5.2023.
Check Your Resume for Match
Upload your resume and our tool will compare it to the requirements for this job like recruiters do.Check for Match