SalaryCompetitive base salary + bonus +company carLocationJohannesburgIndustryIndustrial, Manufacturing & ChemicalsJob Description
Antal is retained for this mission of our client:
Safic-Alcan, a French multinational distributor of specialty chemicals headquartered in Paris-La Défense (France), develops and provides a large range of polymers, materials and additives for the rubber, coatings, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries.
The Group is present in all major countries, 25 offices, of the European Union, as well as in Turkey, South Africa, and China with on-going strategic development in Eastern European countries and the United Sates.
In 2019, Safic-Alcan posted nearly 648 M€ of revenues pro forma.
- No 1 in European rubber industry for specialty chemicals distribution
- €648 million of consolidated turnover (including commissioned sales) in 2019
- 80% of the consolidated turnover is from Europe - 50 Countries covered
- 630 employees.
From supplier to end-user: a complete range of services
The development of Safic-Alcan is based on the distribution, preparation and commercialisation of specialty chemicals for rubber industry, thermoplastics, adhesives, coatings, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
In this sector, Safic-Alcan has taken advantage from unique assets to reinforce his leadership in Europe and worldwide:
· An international network of experts in processes of the chemical industry
· Prized partnerships with the suppliers
· The skill of marine and land logistic
· Guarantees of quality and traceability
1. Job attraction:
Safic Alcan offers excellent service in distribution, commerce, production and marketing on behalf of its suppliers. Safic-Alcan's strategy involves developing the added value of these services (such as technical advice, logistics) and improving performance.
Agility in business, a dynamic team, you will join a fast growing company. In South Africa organization there will be a lot of opportunities to evolve.
2. Job keys items - Role:
Safic Alcan is looking for a dynamic person who is customer orientated and takes pride on delivering a high level of customer service.
The successful candidate will need to have tenacity to maintain this on a long-term basis. Therefore, it is important that they have the capability to use their own initiative and work independently.
With a “can do” positive attitude who uses initiative to quickly, establish long-term relationships with their customers and suppliers. The successful candidate will be expected to understand the technical nature of the raw materials for Coating-Inks industries, to introduce Safic-Alcan raw materials into new formulations.
The overall objective of the role is to grow both the turnover and profitability of performance product portfolio/market as a priority.
This position reports to General Manager in South Africa
A full training program will be provided.
3. Mission – Keys responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain close supplier and customer relationship.
- Build a strong base of Coating/Inks, Adhesive, Sealants and Elastomer suppliers to represent their products on the market;
- Build a base of Plastic/Rubber Additives suppliers to represent their products on the market
- Provide technical expertise to support new business development: Technical Experience.
- Create and maintain a pipeline of unqualified, qualified, and targeted prospects within the area of responsibility.
- Collaborate with Safic experts to provide timely and effective fulfilment of unmet customer and market needs, leading to new sales of existing products and new products.
- Maximize time in the field (at least 3 working days/week) to expedite the closure of target accounts, interface with related staff.
- Communicate both internally and externally to key stakeholders. Continuously develop technical skills and knowledge within area of responsibility
4. Qualification et Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical engineering, Material.
- Commercial Experience of 5-10+ years minimum in industrial application – Coatings and Ink - Adhesive and Sealants - Plastic and Elastomer compounding.
- Technical expertise – to be able to support CASE customers and business development.
- Solid understanding of coatings, Ink, adhesive, and Sealant production and application.
- Proactive – Flexible – Enthusiastic – Confident - Team player able to interact with different people.
- Excellent clear concise communicator - Ability to use own initiative.
- Problem solver - Self-motivated, must be able to work independently.
- Desire to travel on a regular long-term basis- Up to 50%
- Full driving License. Fluent in English (Spoken, Written)