Back to Jobs
Sr. Manager (Ocean Export Procurement)
SalaryLocationIndia, ChennaiIndustryLogistics & Supply ChainJob Description
- Heading and managing pricing and procurement function for South India region and the connected satellite locations.
- Defining the road map and local strategies for Ocean Export Freight product in line with the regional business environment and ensuring their implementation in accordance with the organization’s overall objectives and goals.
- Develop strong relationships with the Shipping Lines / NVOCCs / Co-Loaders & Partner 3PL players by frequent meetings and social interaction.
- Building, Promoting and enhancing the organizations brand value within the logistics fraternity.
- Build an organized system to have an updated market information and frequently sharing with the Management.
- Build an SOP to ensure that management guidelines in respect to operational deliveries are followed and achieved.
Execution & Operations
- Supervise and Maintain daily inquiry tracker and submit monthly reports to the Management.
- Ensure timely system up-dation/TAT guidelines and assist with technological development of the portal.
- Ensure that minimum of 3 quotes are updated for any queries and that ZERO ‘BUY pending rates’ are in the system by EOD.
- Ensure all new inquiries send by the sales & CSU teams are quoted promptly within TAT guidelines as specified by the management.
- Conversions on all new potential inquiries by quoting the winning rates promptly within TAT guidelines as specified by the Management.
- RFQ/Tender Management and improving the Key Strategic Accounts.
- Work closely with the Strategic and Regional Sales Team in closing potential new clients and improving conversions for the region.
- Engage in communication with the overseas agents to provide complete logistics solutions to the customers, as and when required.
- Maintain and manage contact matrix of all the shipping lines / NVOCC / Co-loaders and 3PL operators for the region.
- Manage escalations from the team members and guide/assist in providing solutions on daily Rate filing / Free days / Bookings / Space & Inventory procurement etc.
- Manage allocation of bookings across shipping lines, identify and develop Shipping lines, NVOCC & Co-loaders as per organizations requirements.
#freight #operations #logistics #shippingline #oceanexport #oceanfreight